Schools Offering Paralegal Training
If your goal is to work in a professional legal environment helping lawyers prepare for trial, an education can be the first step taken toward becoming a paralegal or legal administrative assistant. A career as a paralegal can be a good fit if you like performing research and administrative duties.
The primary task of paralegals and legal assistants is to perform supervised legal tasks and functions that require a strong understanding of the law. This enables attorneys to spend time on other duties, like defense, litigation, negotiations and settlements for clients.
Many legal teams value paralegals and legal assistants. A paralegal's duties and responsibilities are often only limited by a paralegal's desire to learn and take on the tasks delegated by an attorney. Your career as a paralegal or legal admin assistant can begin by earning an associate or bachelor's degree in paralegal at an accredited school.
National Professional Paralegal Associations
- American Alliance of Paralegals Inc. (AAPI) - www.aapipara.org
- American Association for Paralegal Education (AAFPE) - www.aafpe.org/AAFPE/American_Association_for_Paralegal_Education.asp
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC) - www.aalnc.org
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) - www.alanet.org
- International Paralegal Management Association (IPMA) - www.paralegalmanagement.org
- National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) - www.nala.org
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) - www.paralegals.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=16
Find Paralegal Schools
If you have a desire to train for a career in paralegal, Everest College, Everest Institute and Everest University can provide the training you need at a number of select paralegal schools across the country. Search the list provided below and find a local paralegal school near you.
The quickest way to request information to learn more about any paralegal school on the list is to fill out the form on this page.
- Hillsborough County (Tampa Bay Area)
- Pinellas County (Tampa Bay Area)
- Polk County